CRANBURY, NJ, May 31, 2019 – Forty of the nation’s most promising young oncology professionals will be recognized during the 2nd annual ‘40 Under 40 in Cancer’ awards event being held June 1, 2019, 6 pm – 9 pm at Marshall’s Landing (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza #225, Chicago, IL). This recognition, supported by The Lynx Group™, McGivney Global Advisors, Upstream Partners, and Swim Across America, celebrates the contributions that individuals under the age of 40 are making to improve the lives of those affected by cancer.
“Early-career leaders in oncology—clinicians, researchers, businesspeople, advocates—are making an enormous impact on patients and the cancer community, but many of these individuals have not had the opportunity to be widely recognized,” says event spokesperson and cancer survivor Jennifer Hinkel. “40 Under 40 in Cancer is an effort to highlight the contributions of these rising stars.”
“These individuals are tomorrow's driving force in innovation,” adds Brian Tyburski, President and CEO, The Lynx Group™. “Their achievements are crucial, well deserved, and should be applauded by all. We’re proud to partner with McGivney Global Advisors, Upstream Partners, and Swim Across America in honoring these 40 individuals for their outstanding achievements and contributions within their respective roles in the cancer continuum.”
Nominations came from across the country and represented the following categories:
- Clinical and Patient Care Professional
- Biopharma, Diagnostics, and Devices
- Research, Science, and Technology
- Government, Regulatory, and Payer
- Patient, Advocacy, and Policy
More information about the award, the nomination process, and the “40 Under 40 in Cancer” awards ceremony can be found at 40under40incancer.com.
Winners of the 2019 “40 Under 40 in Cancer” awards were selected by a panel of judges and include the following:
- Amanda Kramar, Association of Community Cancer Centers
- Ashley Glode, PharmD, BCOP, University of Colorado–Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ashton Gatewood, BSN, RN, CPH, Oklahoma City Indian Clinic
- Chelsea Boet, Spectrum Health
- Cory Batenchuk, Verily Life Sciences
- Dan Fredeman, MEM, Daiichi Sankyo
- David Hyman, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Deanna Martinez, Strategix, A Division of The Lynx Group
- Gretchen Smythe, Ipsen
- Jenna Patel, Regeneron
- Jennifer Wong, AstraZeneca
- Jeremy Schafer, PharmD, MBA, Precision for Value
- Jesse Dresser, Frier Levitt, LLC
- Jocelyn Longo, RN, BSN, Ascension Sacred Heart Cancer Center
- Joshua Mansour, MD, Stanford University
- Justin Birckbichler, Founder, ABSOT (A Ballsy Sense of Tumor)
- Kevin Hays, Savarino Companies, LLC
- Kip Cross, MBA, Gilead Sciences/Kite
- Kristin Marie Ferguson, DNP, RN, OCN, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
- Kyle Smith, Check15
- Leticia Iten, MSW, Cancer Resource Center of the Desert
- Mackenzi Pergolotti, PhD, OTR/L, Select Medical
- Marc Aron Korobkin, JD, Lacuna Loft
- Matt Hellmann, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Megan May, PharmD, BCOP, Baptist Health Lexington
- Michael Joseph DeLeo III, Southern New Hampshire Health/Foundation Medical Partners
- Monica Bryant, Esq, Triage Cancer
- Nisha Lakhi, MD, FACOG, Richmond University Medical Center
- Quinn Nazarewycz, MSc, QED Therapeutics
- Rachel Murphy-Banks, MA, Tufts Medical Center
- Raiza Torres, Memorial Cancer Institute
- Robert DePriest, Walgreens
- Ryan Becerra, The University of Texas at Austin
- Scot Niglio, MD, MS, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Scott Huntington, MD, MPH, MSHP, Yale University
- Sean Rinella, MPH, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Stephanie A. Fajuri, JD, Cancer Legal Resource Center
- Stephen Rosenberg, MD, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Tiffany Kendig, PT, DPT, MPH, CLT, Kessler Rehabilitation
- Xavier Keutgen, MD, FACS, University of Chicago Medical Center
About Amplity Health
Amplity Health proudly serves as co-founder and association management company of the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) and the Association for Value-Based Cancer Care (AVBCC).
The true partner of global healthcare companies, Amplity Health continually challenges the boundaries of medical and commercial strategies to accelerate the approval and launch of new drugs to improve the lives of patients. We are proud of our inclusive culture and our EPIIC values. Amplity has the expertise, global infrastructure, and data-driven insights to help clients overcome their medical and commercial challenges.
Amplity’s wide-ranging capabilities include clinical and medical outsourced teams; clinical and medical capability development; companion diagnostic and precision medicine solutions; medical communications; expert engagement; remote and field solutions for patients, payers, and physicians; and strategic and access consulting. Amplity’s one-of-a-kind Insights database offers clients a detailed view into patient–provider interactions and provider treatment rationale not found through any other provider.
For more information, visit amplity.com. Connect with Amplity on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Amplity Health is a portfolio company of Altamont Capital Partners.
About McGivney Global Advisors LLC
McGivney Global Advisors is an expert consultancy for biopharma companies that was founded by William T. McGivney, PhD, former longtime CEO of National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and former Vice President, Clinical and Coverage Policy for Aetna Health Plans. McGivney Global Advisors is distinguished as a consulting firm by its focus on bringing real-world expertise from leaders in guidelines, pathways/compendia, health policy, pharmaceutical reimbursement and market access, and cancer care delivery to decision-makers in pharma/biotech companies, investment houses and national associations. McGivney Global Advisors works with clients to identify the real issues impacting their businesses, provide in-depth and actionable analyses, and develop impactful strategies to facilitate optimal positioning for the success of innovative products.
About Upstream Partners
Upstream Partners leverages executive leadership from commercial and government healthcare market makers to establish the competitive advantage and accelerate the implementation of specialty pharmaceutical innovations in managed healthcare channels.
About Swim Across America
Swim Across America unites the swimming community by hosting benefit swims that raise money to fund life-saving cancer research and clinical trials.