Senior Medical Director and works with the scientific team, the project managers, editorial teams, and corporate management to assist in ensuring the scientific accuracy and integrity of all materials and communications across educational projects as well as established and new business endeavors. The candidate is responsible for creating, reviewing, improving/enhancing and finalizing content and providing direction in support of the development of quality-unbiased educational and scientific communication materials. The candidate accomplishes this by supporting team members in all phases of activities including regularly scheduled and ad hoc brainstorming business development opportunities, assisting in business development activities and researching, creating and revising content for the company, as well as effectively and impactfully leading cross-functional teams for successful delivery of relevant projects on-time, on-budget and with the highest quality. The candidate will also be responsible for proposing new ideas and concepts for business development across the entire portfolio of current and future customers and collaborators. The candidate is expected to have developed and continue to strive to maintain existing and develop new strong, enduring and trustful relationships with thought leaders at a global scale. The candidate is expected to interact with comfort, confidence and ease at top echelon colleagues in Clinical R&D, Preclinical Biology/Discovery, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing and Business Development, Investor Relationships, as well as Legal and Compliance Departments of Pharma/Biotech and associated sectors (e.g., patient advocacy groups or non-profit organizations focused on health care)
- Advanced degree in life sciences: PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, DrPH
- Minimum five (5) years experience in medical education and/or scientific communications; broader medical medical affairs expertise, including having participated in and/or led medical teams in commercial product launches preferred;Oncology/ Hematology experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, guidelines related to ACCME, PhRMA, and pertinent FDA and OIG rules, guidances and regulations
- Significant involvement (from conception through implementation) in a broad spectrum of medical education programs including congress and symposia programming, curriculum development meetings, interactive, ‘spin-off’ materials, supplements, grand rounds, speaker’s bureaus, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of data analysis and principles of biostatistics and ability to extract meaningfulness of key data (published and unpublished) and how to best communicate such data (and associated scientific conclusions) to a wide variety of audiences
- Managerial experience
Travel: Must be able to travel 15 - 20% of the time, including weekends.