The Senior Director reports into the Chief Nursing Officer. The range of responsibilities for this role is diverse and thus requires thorough knowledge of the oncology and navigation landscape, development of educational content, group facilitation, business development and industry engagement.Essential Functions: (click to expand)
Under the director of the CNO, participates in efforts to optimize revenue capture through new business development
- Provides input into Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) strategic planning initiatives.
- Coordinates the ongoing preparation of monitoring systems to include quarterly AONN+ metrics and quality reports
- Devise strategies and plans for clinical department according to standards for excellent service and growth (policies and processes)
- Tracking trends in oncology treatments, care delivery, standards of care and practices and provides updates/reports to AONN+ leadership and Lynx as necessary.
Clinical / Medical Content Strategy and Development:
Utilizes marketplace knowledge of current issues and trends in nursing practice, navigation, education, research, healthcare administration and health policy related to valued based oncology care and navigation to enhance education and services for the AONN+ organization.
- Utilizes nationally available standards and evidenced based practice to develop programs and initiatives which improve patient care and program functions
- Collaborates on efforts to develop tools and training materials used by oncology professional practice group to optimize patient navigation data capture, revenue capture, quality indicators and outcomes
- Serves as Nursing faculty advisor and or moderator for industry sponsored projects, activities and initiatives.
- Disease area overview encompassing the care continuum to also address psychosocial oncology and survivorship
- Nursing perspectives/commentaries
- Qualitative/Quantitative research
- Online surveys and questionnaires
- Collaborates with CNO to discuss current issues and trends in nursing practice, navigation, education, research, healthcare administration and health policy related to value-based care to build and enhance education services.
- Oversee AONN+ Membership Educational Offering:
- Webinar Development and education - launch of webinars
- Works in collaboration with Journal of Oncology Navigation & Survivorship (JONS) Editorial Director to identify journal articles for CEU credits for AONN+ membership & JONS readership
- Collaborates with Editorial Director to identify authors for specific topic areas of need for JONS
- Contributes to the development and or enhancement of content
- Development of key oncology leader (KOL) networks in oncology navigation -building a pool of resources
- Utilizes membership survey for assessing educational needs of membership
- Works in collaboration with Digital/Marketing team regarding blogs, member chat features, social media presence
- Conference Planning Committee - oversight and facilitation
- Assist with grant writing and funding strategies for AONN+
- Works in collaboration with sales, marketing, and Strategix teams representing AONN+ and Lynx Group as the clinical nursing and navigation expert in various setting:
- Engage with Industry at national conferences and meetings for educational and project opportunities
- Participants in client calls and sales meetings with external parties
Mentoring and Coaching
- Contributes to building an effective team of AONN+ leaders
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen AONN+ Committee Participation – Chairs the Quarterly Co-Chair Committee Call
- Participates in AONN+ monthly Leadership Council calls (not a voting member).
- Supports the development and growth of new leaders within AONN+ through membership interactions and other engagement channels
- Enhance utilization of best practice repository
Manages Certification Advisory Commission and related committees and internal staff
- Oncology Nursing Experience – minimum of 15 years
- Oncology Navigation Experience – minimum of 10 years
- An individual who can respond appropriately in highly public environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Health Care
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create and teach educational content. Planning the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Teaching and mentoring abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Facilitation skills
- Experience in nursing research and research processes and functions preferred
- Project management skills, necessary to oversee coordination of projects. Attention to detail, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with members, volunteers, subject matter experts and staff.
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel
- RN, BSN