The Director reports into the Chief Nursing Officer. Supports the strategies to advance AONN+ organizational priorities. The range of responsibilities for this role is diverse and thus requires thorough knowledge of the oncology and navigation landscape, group facilitation, business development and industry engagement.Essential Functions: (click to expand)
- Under the director of the CNO, participates in efforts to optimize revenue capture through new business development.
- Provides input into Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) strategic planning initiatives.
- Devise strategies and plan for growth of patient navigation department according to standards for excellent service and growth (policies and processes).
- Tracking trends in oncology treatments, care delivery, standards of care and practices and provides updates/reports to AONN+ and Lynx leadership as necessary.
- Participates in AONN+ monthly Leadership Council calls (not voting member).
- Provides support and leadership to AONN+ Committee(s) to ensure execution of committee outcomes and deliverables.
Strategy and Development:
Utilizes marketplace knowledge of current issues and trends in navigation, education, research, healthcare administration and health policy related to valued based oncology care and navigation to enhance education and services for the AONN+ organization.
- Utilizes nationally available standards and evidenced based practice to develop programs and initiatives which improve patient care and program functions.
- Builds strategic alliances with patient navigator organizations/alliances and develops outreach strategies to increase awareness and growth membership of AONN+.
- Collaborates with Program Director to build, manage and enhance Local Navigator Networks. Responsible for continuous monitoring, evaluation and assessment of Networks, increasing AONN+’s professional presence in local markets.
- Collaborates with CNO to address current issues and trends in patient navigation, education, research, healthcare administration and health policy related to value-based care to build and enhance education services. Identifies new programs and benefits to meet the evolving needs of AONN+ members.
- Collaborates with navigation stakeholders, organizations and alliances to share trending practices in patient navigation.
- Provides input to the Senior Director of Education and Program Development into the AONN+ Membership Educational Offering ensuring patient navigation educational needs are being addressed and provided for:
- Webinar Development and education
- Identify journal articles for CEU credits for AONN+ membership & JONS readership
- Collaborates with Editorial Director to identify authors for specific topic areas of need for Journal of Oncology Navigation & Survivorship (JONS)
- Contributes to the development and or enhancement of content
- Development of key oncology leader (KOL) networks in oncology patient navigation
- Provides input to the Mid-Year and National Conference Planning Committees ensuring patient navigation educational needs are being met at AONN+ conferences.
- Assist with grant writing and funding strategies for AONN+
- Works in collaboration with sales and marketing teams representing AONN+ and Lynx Group as the patient navigation expert in various setting:
- Engage with Industry at national conferences and meetings for educational and project opportunities
- Participants in client calls and sales meetings with external parties
Manages Certification Advisory Commission and related committees and internal staff
- Oncology Experience – minimum of 10 years
- Oncology Patient Navigation Experience – minimum of 5 years
- An individual who can respond appropriately in highly public environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Health Care
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Facilitation skills
- Experience in navigation research and research processes and functions preferred
- Project management skills, necessary to oversee coordination of projects. Attention to detail, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with members, volunteers, subject matter experts and staff.
- Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of AONN+.
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong working relationships with industry, navigation stakeholders, and other partners to build and enhance the awareness of AONN+.
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel