The Lynx Group is seeking an Editorial Assistant to work at our office located in Cranbury, New Jersey.
The Editorial Assistant provides support to the Editorial Director of several publications and assists with the peer-review process of 2 publications. The Editorial Assistant also prepares articles for editing and locates relevant references, as well as formats articles and references according to each journal’s style.
- Assists editors in their day-to-day administrative needs
- Saving articles: saves all the articles submitted by freelance writers into the appropriate journal file, by month and topic/section, as designated by the Editorial Director
- Formatting articles: responsible for formatting articles according to the appropriate style for each publication, as well as articles for e-mail distribution. This includes titles, subheads, italics, boldface, styling all references based on AMA style, tables, figures, etc
- Copyright/disclosure forms: secures the copyright and disclosure forms from all authors submitting articles to peer-reviewed journals, as well as any special publications
- Mailing issues to authors: responsible for timely mailing of the entire printed issue to the corresponding author of each article published, with a letter signed by the Editorial Director.
Required Experience: BS/BA undergraduate degree in English
Can begin with no experience with the right education